Joining the Propagator for another Six:
1. The back area has been cleared of weeds, and a new fence is going up. I have planted a wedge-shaped bed, primarily with native perennials, though a few exotic shrubs have been used to frame the area (see below). I will now be adding another layer of ornamental non-natives.
2. Stream bank continues to be shorn of knotweed on a monthly basis to ensure that the natives planted there are receiving enough light.
3. The verge continues to blossom, with California poppies and larkspur giving way to goldenrod and aster.
4. The unidentified opuntia grown from 2 pads picked up around the neighborhood (with permission) are blooming.
5. The chollas grown from cutting are starting to put out new growth.
6. And other lovelies. . .